What is IATF 16949:2016?
IATF 16949:2016 is an international quality management standard specifically intended for organizations in the automotive industry supply community. It is for organizations that produce and deliver parts, sub-assemblies, process materials, and certain other products and services to OEM manufacturing locations.
IATF 16949:2016 actually consists of ISO 9001 (2008), word for word - plus a large number of automotive industry specific requirements. There are approximately 1,039 separate and specific requirements in the basic IATF 16949:2016 Standard.
- Requirements that help assure that the organization’s output (whether product, service, or both) meets customer specifications.
- Requirements that assure that the quality system is consistently implemented and verifiable.
- Requirements for practices that measure the effectiveness of various aspects of the system. Requirements that support continual improvement of the company’s ability to meet customer needs.
Benefits of IATF 16949:2016
- Improved product and process quality and reliability.
- Improved on-time delivery.
- Greater emphasis on supplier quality improvement efforts.
- IATF 16949:2016 satisfies automotive mandates of IATF members on a global basis, when complemented by fulfillment of customer-specific requirements
- Eliminates the need for multiple third-party registrations on a geographic basis
- Enables firms to upgrade from VDA 6.1 during regularly scheduled surveillance audits, provided the registrar is IATF-approved for IATF 16949:2016.
- Promises more consistent auditing performance. Auditors of recognized IATF 16949:2016 registrars must undergo extensive training, testing and re-qualification to meet rigorous qualification requirements.
- Mars Consultants shall appoint Consultant who shall be responsible for quality and effective implementation of system
- Mars Consultants shall provide visits based on the need and status of the system.
- Mars Consultants will communicate the date of visit of our consultant to the client by sending SMS at every week end
- Mars Consultants shall provide detailed Visit report / Gap Analysis report for every visit
- All activities shall be completed as per the target dates set during visiting dates of consultants.
Our Scope of Consultancy:
IATF 16949 Gap analysis
We conduct a 360 degree appraisal of current systems and operations of your organization to identify gaps in current management system versus requirement of the particular ISO standard. On the basis of gap analysis, implementation plan is prepared.
IATF 16949 Training
We provide one of the most complete suite of training for various ISO standards covering awareness training, documentation training, implementation training, internal auditor training. Conducting of IATF 16949:2016 Core tools are:
- Process Flow Diagram (PFD)
- Potential Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Control Plan (CP)
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
We assist organization to establish the systems in line with the standards requirements and organizational requirements. We establish the following as a minimum:
- Quality Policy & Objectives
- Organization chart
- Roles, Responsibilities and authorities
- Defining Measure of performance for all processes (departments)
- Apex Manual and procedures as required by standard and organization
- Assist in establishing SOPs / Work Instructions / flow charts and records
- Control of documents
- Control of records
- Management review
- Competence, awareness, and training
- Contingency plans.
- Work environment
- Customer-related processes
- Multidisciplinary approach.
- Product approval process
- Supplier quality management system development.
- Control plan
- Control of monitoring and measuring devices
- Measurement systems analysis
- Monitoring and measurement of manufacturing processes.
- Continual improvement of the organization
- Corrective action
- Preventive action
We assist in effective implementation of these documents to ensure that an effective and fully compliant management system is implemented in organization. This involves one to one coaching / mentoring or a group / departmental training. During the process of implementation, required systems will be amended to ensure that the systems are practicable and approachable for all personnel.
Conducting Internal audit
We ensure that internal audit is conducted by your team under our supervision for the first time or else we can conduct the internal audit for your organization. We make sure that the internal audit process becomes value adding activity and not just routine process.
Assistance in External Body Audit
Our expert ISO consultants will provide you input and on site assistance if required to create the required level of comfort and confidence for your organization by being on site with you and your team at the time of audit. We make sure that the stage 1 and stage 2 audit processes get completed easily and smoothly. If required we provide post audit assistance to complete the audit formalities and ensure that you receive the ISO certificate in time.Our ISO consultants provide unique, effective, easy to understand, easy to implement and quick ISO implementation solutions so that the ISO certification process does not become a resource drain but rather resource enhancer.